Koppers Treated Timber Consumer & Safety Information
Koppers treated wood products are protected against decay and termites by impregnation with Australian Pesticides & Veterinary Medicines Authority approved wood preservatives.
Treated wood is safe to use providing that common sense precautions and handling guidelines are followed. This information is provided in the interest of consumer safety and for appropriate use of the product.
- Only use Koppers treated wood that is clean, dry and free of surface residues.
- Avoid inhaling wood dust and wear a fitted mask while power sawing, machining, sanding or any operation where wood dust is generated.
- Protect the eyes while using power tools or any work where small particles may be ejected.
- Wear gloves when handling the material, and wash hands after work and before eating, drinking or smoking.
- Brush or wash sawdust off skin or clothes.
- Keep the work area clean. Do not allow wood dust to accumulate. Where ever possible, recover sawdust, shavings and off-cuts for proper disposal.
- Wash wood dust contaminated work clothing and safety equipment before reuse.
- Do NOT burn off-cuts or waste pieces. Burning may produce toxic fumes and residues.
Disposal: Domestic users should dispose of off-cuts and redundant pieces through normal waste collection services. Trade or industrial manufactures generating larger volumes of treated wood waste may require approval from their local waste services authority or council. Do not use for composting or mulching. Do not burn as a means of disposal.